Thursday 9 June 2011

Stupid doctors. Stupid needles. Stupid drugs.


This post has nothing to do with diabetes. I just need to rant.

Someone I love very dearly got a needle-stick injury on Monday while assisting in stitching up a patient after delivering a baby. This patient is HIV+ positive. The needle was in the other doctor’s hands.

Stupid doctor.

Stupid needle.

Now this person has to take anti-retrovirals to stop him becoming HIV+. I’m grateful he can take the drugs. I’m grateful they’re available, and they can protect him from this stupid, horrible disease.

But they’re making him so sick. They’re wrecking havoc with his body, his stomach, his head.  I can’t call him because he’s too busy puking.

Stupid drugs.

And he’s in a city on the other side of the country. So I can’t be there. I can’t do anything to help. I can’t fetch him water, or nausea pills or anything.

And I feel so useless, and so frustrated and so angry!

And I’m not even the one who’s sick.

Stupid doctors. Stupid needles. Stupid drugs. Stupid, stupid virus.

I hate this.


No comments:

Post a Comment